Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 8 - Sit Where You Want


My teaching partner and I saw a super cute end of the year activity on Pinterest. You fill balloons with fun activities for a length of time, we chose the month of May since we get out on the 23rd, and each day your class pops one and does the activity inside. I thought I would write each day about the activity that got "popped." We explained to them that if they were below Green (Ready to Learn) on the clip chart, then they wouldn't be able to participate. Once everyone understood the expectations we were ready to pop...


Remind us NEVER EVER EVER to put this in a balloon again!  Seriously...

Today they popped, "sit wherever you want" which turned out to be a complete disaster.  They chatted, fought, argued and questioned all day long.  What we should have done was let them sit wherever they wanted for a small part of the day.  All day was a big mistake!  Please trust me when I say to never do this.  Learn from my mistake!

No comments:

Post a Comment