Saturday, August 1, 2009

Countdown...

Let the countdown begin! One week and counting until the students arrive at my door ready to go. Only 4 days left until teachers are back in action. Thursday will be full of meetings, staff photos and time in our classroom. Friday we will get to meet some of our class face to face. That is honestly my favorite day of the year. The kids come in, nervous, ready to see the room and meet me. I get a chance to connect with parents and students. First impressions are lasting ones and without the pressure of the first day we can all be ourselves. It also gives the kids a chance to see the room and explore before the school year begins.

I went out today to pick up some school supplies. It is honestly my favorite time of year to shop! I love seeing the bins full of crayons, markers, erasers, pens, pencils, glue, etc. Along with the backpacks, lunch boxes, notebooks and folders. All the fun things that make going back to school tolerable for kids. I will send home a list of "suggested" materials on Friday, in hopes that everyone will be prepared on day 1. We'll see what happens.

We got our schedule today. I feel better now that I now what my day is going to look like. I will have to sit down with my GLEAM (Grade Level tEAM) this week and confirm, but just knowing how the timing will lay out has helped me prepare, even if it's all in my head.

So here we are, 4 days left of summer vacation. All of next week will be spent in my room, hanging bulletin boards, making name tags and planning first week activities. I'm excited! Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment