Sunday, August 11, 2013

Lost my MOJO

The start to the school year has been the worst one I've had in the past 7 years.  Here are just a few of the reasons why...

First, my grandmother in law passed away on Monday.  It made it hard to focus on getting ready for school to start.  The funeral was on Friday so that meant taking off on day 3.  Ugh!  It's hard enough writing sub plans when you know the kids, but when you've only had 2 (very hectic) days with them, it was next to impossible.

I found out I was getting identical twins on the first morning of school.  Nothing like a last minute add 30 minutes before school starts.

Then on Thursday my friend who had been hired to teach at my grade level with me got word that her position had been cut.  We all absorbed her kiddos so I went from 24 to 28.

As I'm typing this post, I got word that I'm now getting another student which will put me at 29.

I have just went from 5 round tables of 4 and 1 rectangle table of 5 to 7 tables of 4.  Where do I put number 29?!?

Any advice from teachers that teach large classes?  I had 24 last year and I thought that was a lot.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment