Tuesday, July 23, 2013

My room....so far

I have been in my room 4 times as of today.  Twice with my mom and twice on my own.  Here is a look at a few part of my class.  Please keep in mind that this is all still a work in progress, and my 2 1/2 year old was with me today, so as I was organizing, she was un-organizing!

This is my Pencil Pouch/Golden Tickets.  Last year I saw somewhere on Pinterest an idea to have a pocket chart for each student where they would keep 3 pencils.  it worked wonderful, but fell apart constantly!  So this year I bought a show organizer at Wal-Mart and numbered the pockets with a paint pen.

It will also house my kiddo's Golden Tickets.  I used to do a behavior clip chart, but didn't like that there was little to no accountability with it.  I wasn't so great about sending the notes home when on Red and  didn't like handing out trivial prizes for my Outstanding kiddos.  While reading through my friend Mandy's blog Tickled Pink Mandy I stumbled upon this gem from A Teeny Tiny Teacher and I'm going to give it a try.  I have always done Fun Friday, but I love how the behavior ties directly to fun friday this way.

My Fun Friday chart still needs the clothespins on them and my 2 1/2 year old was testing out the Golden Tickets for me :)

Here is an up close look at my Fun Friday options...


Here is my Calendar area.  I have it on the door to best utilize the space.  We start every day with our student of the week adding to our calendar (I will take off the numbers before the year starts, I just wanted to make sure I had them all), changing how many days's we've been in school and adjusting the  Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow signs.  Then as a class we sing our days of the week song, months of the year song and count money for how many days in school we've had.

I don't really like the sign above the straws...I must find another way/place for that.
Thanks to Clutter Free Classroom I will be trying out Math Workshop this year.  I'm really excited how this board turned out and I can't wait to get it started!


This is my little helper today...she was such a trooper for over 3 hours!  She found all sorts of ways to entertain herself while I got some work done.

I'd love to see how all of you set up your classroom....feel free to leave a link to your blog in the comments so we can all check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment