Monday, July 20, 2009

Call Me Crazy

Most are calling me crazy at this point. We have 3 weeks until school starts back and I can't wait! I am so excited! Not only will this be a new class, but a new room, new grade level, new GLEAM mates, new curriculum, new, new and more new! But I am certainly up for it.

I have been planning in my head since the day I found out I was switching grade levels. Now that opening day is fast approaching I can't believe it is actually happening. My biggest problem is have too many ideas running in my head all at once. Too many magazines and resources. I need to start just taking this one step at a time.

Not only am I trying to plan for the beginning of a new school year. I am getting things organized for our annual staff retreat. I LOVE being in charge, and those of you that know me, know this about me. I thrive off of keeping myself busy and being able to get things done. I always say that I would rather do something myself, so that I know it's being done how I envisioned then let others do it. My mom says that I need to learn to delegate, I'm promising myself to work on that this year! It will be hard though. I like the appreciation.

I'm heading back to my classroom tomorrow, so I'll be back to let you know how that goes! Until then...

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea. Are you thinking that you will post something about the day when school starts? What a great way to communicate with families. You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete